Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Campus recruitment drive


Nirvana – The man who sold the world.., last Sunday this song was grooving in my head and it’s been long time I didn’t listen to this song. I logged in my PC and googling all the drives. Suddenly I happen to find this song somewhere in the old folder.  It named track-04, when I played …
kuchh is tarah teri palkein meri palkon se mila de
      aansu tere saare meri palakon pe saja de
Out of the blue some pictures started to come in front of my eyes. It was three years back, when I was fallen into..... I use to listen to this song a lot and in loop … Amazing song with the texture of intense meaning. The place, time, face and incidents everything came up.  Coffee @ 2AM, phone calls, SMS’s … Even today I don’t recall for what reason things didn’t work out.
I shouldn’t be talking on this, I resolute long time. Zippppppppppppppp

***
Of late, I had been to Campus recruitment drive from my company.  It was a fabulous experience, understanding the view of students and their groundwork to take up job. I didn’t happen to prepare for the interviewer role, as I have not completed 4 yrs of my career exp.
During the process, one guy came up and introduced him as blah blah and we started with the classic question “tell us about you”.  I am …. can do multiple tasks and ‘m unique from others.  I stopped him and asked how you are unique than others. He replied “I look into the things different from others; I always solve the things different from others who follow traditional steps”. Good, give me some example. He said “I can swap btw two fields without using third variable”. “See blah blah, this everyone can do what special in you” I replied.  I can do it in two different ways. Okay fine show me, I reciprocate sharply to him. He took some 5mins and completed. Looking into the sol’n I said “See, these two ways is no different and everyone can do, it’s no spl technique you used.  He provided me an excuse; I’m tensed, so I couldn’t do it swiftly.  Agreeable . . . .
Fine, do 45*45? He did normal way by multiplying 5 with 45 and 4 with 45. It’s the usual method everyone follows, here again he failed to show his uniqueness.  As a matter of fact, only 2% people in the world can do multiple tasks at a time.
Students we interact lacked general knowledge, awareness… No one answered the simple question like who is the President of India.  

God bless India.
***

- Vinay Vasudeva

No comments: